Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have an occupant of a rental I'm trying to evict. He has…

I have an occupant...

I have an occupant of a rental I'm trying to evict. He has been tearing up the property. He gave me a social security number, and his birthday. Is there anyway you can confirm it is this person, or no, it's not.

Lawyer's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I can think of.

3/13/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to call the police if he is tearing up the property. Also, you need to give him written notice that he has 30 days to evict and if not you will file suit for eviction. If he is doing damage and the police come out most times if you give the police the information you have, they will verify his name date of birth and social security number for you.

If he does not leave, you need to go to the local court and file suit for eviction against him and serve him a copy of the suit and summons to appear and if he fails to do so then you will get the court to evict him and order him removed by the sheriff.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I DO have a court ordered eviction from a trial on March 6, 2018. He said he has not received his copy of the judgment and order and tried to take my copy. How many days after I give him a copy of the judgment that I can have him removed? He seems to be a professional squatter.

Thank you for your reply.

You need to go to the sheriff's office with the judgment and then it takes the sheriff usually 5-7 days to evict them physically depending how busy they are when they receive the eviction order.

But there is no date on the judgment as to when he has to be out. Just want him out legally without him suing.

Thank you for your reply.

If there is a judgment stating he is evicted and if you did not get any time for him to be out then it is immediate and you need to get it to the sheriff to enforce the judgment.