Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Can I offer top up money to the landlord to upgrade the type…

Can I offer top...

Can I offer top up money to the landlord to upgrade the type of flooring that is to be installed? They are saying I must take their supply and they will not

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Can I offer top-up money to the landlord to upgrade my florring that they are

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Floors are usually replaced every 10 years,this is my time. I wanr to

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks.

3/13/2018
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

You can always ask the landlord to upgrade the property and agree to pay for it. That's allowed as long as it's a separate arrangement and it's not something that is required by the lease. The landlord is free to accept your offer, reject it, or make a counter. If they agree, that will be binding on both of you. There unfortunately isn't anything in the law that would require them to use better materials, even if you're willing to bear the expense.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Thank you that answers my question. Thanks for your quick reply!

You're welcome! Have a good day.

Lucy, Esq., Attorney