Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have 1 more year contract with landlord but unlucky, my…

I have 1 more...

I have 1 more year contract with landlord but unlucky, my business is closed down by cousil fromncitu of Stanton, California

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

My question is qjtwr I still have to pay rent for landlord or not. Plus the landlord still keeps my deposit of 3 month rental

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

City of Stanton doesn't issue business license for my business anymore

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have letter for city stating date I have to close down my business. I mean letter from city

3/13/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
My question is whether I still have to pay rent for landlord after my business is closed down by city council. I still have 1 more year lease term and landlord still keeps 3 month deposit.
If business closes and there is no personal guarantor the tenant business may stop paying since entity is closed and without assets.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I have letter from city cousil stating date I have to close my business. What if landlord sues me about breaking contract?
Landlord lawsuit can take months to conclude and cannot assets business doesn’t have.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Just want to confirm again as you just said that I don't need to pay rent for him anymore. Am I right?
If didn’t sign personally and business closing, you can do that.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
What do you mean if didn't sign personally? I signed contract and obeyed city rule to close my business 1 month earlier and I still paid landlord in full to deadline from city council request
I assume the tenant is a corporation or LLC and not you personally and you didn’t sign a personal guaranty of the business debt.
This is individual business and landlord used my business faults to ask me keeping paying rent. Otherwise, he said he would keep this contract for the next 4 years and sue me. So, at that time, I would have to pay rent plus interest. Is it true?
Landlord cannot recover after has new tenant and has to make good faith effort to mitigate and find new tenant.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
What if he does not want to make a good faith to mitigate?
You have a defense to payment!Site rules normally call for a rating per question. I have replied to several inquiries this evening.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thank you for your time answering my question.
Very welcome. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Attorney