Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Does the 30 day eviction mean I have to move at that time?

Customer Question
Second opinion] does the...

Second opinion] does the 30 day eviction mean I have to move at that time?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

Pennsylvania and nobody has seen a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Yes the lease reads landlord can give a 30 day eviction notice if house is not in healthy living condition due to tenants being dirty beyond normal living conditions

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thankyou

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 4 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If the lease gives the landlord the option to terminate the lease with a 30 day notice, then he can legally do so if there is some breach of the terms of the lease.

.

However, that doesn't mean that the landlord can just throw you out after 30 days. If you didn't vacate after the 30 days expires, then the landlord has to file a formal eviction action in court to get a judgement and a writ of possession that the sheriff would execute to force you to vacate. That takes about another month.

.

So realistically, it will take around 2 months before the landlord could force you to vacate.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much