Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Does the 30 day eviction mean I have to move at that time?

Does the 30 day...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

Pennsylvania and nobody has seen a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Yes the lease reads landlord can give a 30 day eviction notice if house is not in healthy living condition due to tenants being dirty beyond normal living conditions

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thankyou

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
legalgems
legalgems, attorney

Good Day!A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information. Thanks!

If a lease provides that a 30 day notice may be provided if the tenant is not maintaining the premises, then once the 30 day notice is provided the tenant would be required to vacate after the 30 days or the landlord may proceed with eviction proceedings.

Now if the basis for the notice is not accurate that can be used as a basis for disputing the eviction; so if for example the tenant had pictures proving the unit is properly maintained the judge may deny the eviction.

Please see the following for more information:

https://www.palawhelp.org/resource/landlord-tenant-overview-and-notice-requireme

legalgems
legalgems, attorney