Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I am working with a start-up business in LA that relies on…

I am working with...

I am working with a start-up business in LA that relies on leasing small sections of existing stores to other brands (shop-share). I am wondering of the extent to which this will cause run-ins with subletting laws.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Los Angeles

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Unspecified

3/12/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
Is it leasing or subleasing? Are there formal agreements?
It would be subleasing. We are essentially exploring the option to connect our online clients with brick and mortar stores for single day "pop-ups". So they would set up a table in an existing store for a day. We could draft a formal agreement if necessary.
Does landlord consent? Leases normally require consent and if it does and landlord consents you may proceed and should have sub leases to confirm terms.if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksPlease let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thanks. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Attorney
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started