Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I need assistance on tenant security deposit issue. Antioch,

I need assistance on...

I need assistance on tenant security deposit issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Antioch, CA-94509

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

1st year was one year lease and tenant stayed one more month as month to month

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Security deposit was 1650 he had a dog but it was not in the lease --didnt take care of the back yard and broke fence and carpet needs to replace

3/12/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
security deposit 1650 - tenant taking me court for full amount- attached summary statement
Landlord entitled to deduct from deposit for damages sustained and caused by tenant.You appropriately identify how deducted in your letterCourt should dismiss the matter and you should have receipts for the expenses.if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksPlease let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
lets continue
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i only have one doubt
If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
in the lease says i have to send the summary of security deposit in 21 days but tenant didnt provide me his address
You cannot send where no address to send to.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
acceptable
Thanks. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i already spent 1400 on lawn and fence and need 800 more to replace carpet- which will exceed security deposit
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
You may claim for the balance!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i like to chat
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no phone call required
Ignore the call request then.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks-- can i ask you one more thing
Sure
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how can i cancel the phone call
I will let customer service know.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
one more issue
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
new tentant moved in feb 1st didnt pay rent and security deposit
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
already gave the 3 day eviction notice and waited one more month but didnt want to move out or pay
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you there
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i didnt answer the call-- will they still charge me --
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i gave you 5 star rating
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do i need to pay again for my next issue?
You can open a new thread and request me for a new issue.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok--opening one more
Great
Infolawyer, Attorney