Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

How do I remove a friend from my residence in indiana. There…

How do I remove a...
How do I remove a friend from my residence in indiana. There are no contracts aggreements and they dont pay any of the bills nor pay anything to me
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Jessica B

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your question. Please remember to rate my service at the end of this session. Thank you. Does your friend hold out the home as their residence?

I think she does

Ok, your first option is to have them removed for trespassing by contacting the police. Most people want to avoid this type of confrontation so your next option is to file an eviction action against them in court. You will receive a court order stating they must vacate the premises. In Indiana, evictions are usually handled in the small claims division of the Superior Court. Each court will have forms available for you to fill out to begin the eviction process.

Jessica B
Ok I have given a 10 day notice to quit as they call it and on Friday will do the eviction through the courts
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started

Perfect. You are on the right track. Please let me know if I may be of help in the future.

Ok thanks