Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I'm not quite sure how this works. how much does it cost. I…

Customer Question
I'm not quite sure...

I'm not quite sure how this works. how much does it cost

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Real Estate Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

I see. so what do I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Newcastle washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No this isn't an eviction issue. the issue is about a water leak in the house and how the landlord handled it left me put out and holding the bag on some things so I told him I am paying half rent the following month, which is march, and that's what I did. I want to speak with an attorney to make sure my bases are covered

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The landlord was pretty responsive right up until the water got fixed. then he cheaped out and had his handyman fix the rest. first I had to wait a week with half the downstairs torn apart because it was Chinese new year. then it was only one guy doing the work so it took him many days. I never knew when he was ever coming back so I had to stay home from work every day to be here whenever he decided to show up that day or not. when he finally finished he left it a disaster with drywall dust and spray texture everywhere, I mean its filthy. the landlord sent his representative that lives local to look and take pictures and he signed off on it the way it was and expects us to clean up the mess.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
to add to this, I got an email from the landlords representative on march 5th that said that the handyman was done with his work. I had no idea he was done becauase of the condition of the downstairs. the stress of all this has caused my daughter and her boyfriend to move out when they had just moved in to help me through some health problems. Plus I on the 24th of February the handyman knocked out the heater and just left for the day so that night it got down to 55 degrees and I was irate in an email and demanded it fixed by 10AM the next day or I would be calling to get it fixed and they are paying for it. their guy didn't show up on time so I called a contractor. it was an easy fix. then there is the matter of the increase in the hot water bill that I am stuck with which is about 200 more than normal. and as I said I had to stay home everyday just to see this this guy was going to show up. naturally that didn't go over great with my boss. they also broke my dryer when they moved it and had to have a repair man come fix it but of course they wont ever cop to it. and I have to stress the disaster they left it in.
Answered in 4 days by:
3/14/2018
Lawyer: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I do please
Lawyer: Andrew, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Andrew
Andrew, Attorney

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years’ experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

Sorry hear to about your problems was there a specific question that I could answer?