Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I lease an office suite in a large office complex - I

I lease an office...

I lease an office suite in a large office complex - I recently found out the the landlord of the building leased an office to a business that provides sex offender treatment groups to paroled felons - the landlord did not inform any of the other business tenants such as myself that there would be sex offenders wondering around the office complex - I work with families and children and these individuals lotter around the parking lot areas and look real shady. Some of my clients have commented about "who are all these people that look scarey" out in the parking lot. As a tenant, who was not informed by the landlord that there would be sex offenders around that can be detrimental to mine and other businesses who also work with families and children, what are our rights and what can we do about it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?

CA and yes I know the owner (landlord of the property)

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I'm not sure what paperwork you are referring to

3/9/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
Are you asking if you can break the lease?
Well that would be great if I can - I’m on a 5 year lease with 4 more years left!
Landlord has to provide safe and habitable premises free of known dangers.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Ending the lease is a reasonable resolution and relief.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Thank you! Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Attorney