Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I want to know how often I can increase the rent to a tenant…

Customer Question
Hello My name is*****...

Hello My name is*****: Where is the property located?

I want to know how often I can increase the rent to a tenant who is not taking care of the unit properly ? the property is located in Clark county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No yet I just got a report from a technicain and the cook range is a never been clean and it becames a fire hazzar

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is basically it I want to rise the rent but I just rised the rent last september so I want to know if any limits in the rent increase and also if I can rise more often than every year?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Lawyer: Lori, FL attorney replied 4 months ago
Lori
Lori, FL attorney

H​ello. Let me see if I can assist. Do you have a written lease with this tenant? Did this tenant pay a security deposit to you for damage?

If you have already raised the rent, then the court will not look favorably at raising the rent again in less than a one year period. However, it is reasonable to ask for an increased security deposit for the cleaning of the appliances and any other cleaning required to avoid fire hazards.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please be sure to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.