Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Section 8 tenant gets a a lump sum as a gift. how does it…

Customer Question
section 8 tenant gets a...
section 8 tenant gets a a lump sum as a gift. how does it affect the eligibility and the rent calculation?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 day by:
3/10/2018
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

A one-time payment from an inheritance is not counted as income. It is categorized as an asset. An inheritance does not count toward annual income in qualifying for HUD housing benefits. There is no asset limitation or requirement for qualifying for HUD housing. Therefore, a gift or an inheritance of any amount does not automatically disqualify a tenant from HUD housing.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. (Scroll to the top of this reply to locate the rating buttons.) If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney