Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My landlord ask me to move out after 20 years-what can I do.

Customer Question
Second opinion] my landlord ask...
Second opinion] my landlord ask me to move out after 20 years-what can I doJA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?Customer: Glendale californiaJA: Has any paperwork been filed?Customer: noJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: I have found a LITTLE MOBILE HOME that I'm buying it will be ready at the end of april, but did you think I can get a compensation for all of the years that I live there-he is moving his kids into the apartment.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/9/2018
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 1 month ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you have a lease or rent month to month?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No lease month to month

Great to hear back from you. From a legal standpoint, without a lease, the landlord can ask that you vacate the property and end the tenancy, with at least a 60-day notice to vacate. I know you have been there for 20 years but without a lease in place, a month to month tenancy can be terminated with a 60-day notice. There is no legal obligation to compensate you if they are asking that you vacate and if you need till the end of april, you can maybe work this out with them.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer