Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Property management companies have what regulations

Customer Question
necessary to be property management...
Property management companies have what regulations necessary to be property management companies in Boise Idaho?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/8/2018
Lawyer: Attorney Wendy, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I have been an attorney for 20 years. Property management companies provide a valuable service to both real property owners and their tenants. In Idaho there do not appear to be statutes or regulations specifically outlining the legal responsibilities of property management companies. Rather, the property management company essentially steps into the shoes of the landlord in handling certain matters. The real controlling factors on the operations of these companies will depend on the contracts entered into with the property owners. Those contracts should spell out clearly who is responsible for what as between the owner and the property management company. In addition, when a property management company is involved, the lease agreement with tenants should identify that company and should also advise the tenant when and for what matters that company should be contacted, as opposed to the property owner. Any property management company will have to comply with general business laws and regulations governing such things as business licenses, taxes and the like. It is also important for such companies - though there is no legal requirement outlining what is sufficient - to have sufficient maintenance staff or contractors and to perform regular accounting for all landlord-tenant accounts.

If you need further help, please reply to this email. If I have answered your question and provided excellent service, I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating at this time.

Please note: This is for ​informational and educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No course of action is being proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation.

Happy Friday! I just wanted to check in to make sure I answered your question and to see if you need any further assistance with this issue.

Attorney Wendy
Attorney Wendy
Attorney Wendy, Lawyer