Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Can you sue a landlord that took you to court for rent

Customer Question
Can you sue a...

Can you sue a landlord that took you to court for rent payment and he didn’t own the house

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Can you sue a landlord that took you to court for rent payment and he didn’t own the house Illinois Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes he took me to court and said I hold him $2500 for rent but he never owned a house he rented his girlfriend daddy’s house that was in foreclosure and neither one of them never owned it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I mean wife

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/7/2018
Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 5 months ago
retireddebra

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 5 months ago

I am sorry. I just saw that you are in the US.

I will opt out and ask the site to move this to the correct law list.

How long that take