Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

If we pay the amount of money in the 3 Day Right to Quit,

does that mean we can...
If we pay the amount of money in the 3 Day Right to Quit, does that mean we can stay through the end of our lease? It says we're in default...
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what state this is in? And does it say "pay or quit"?

In Colorado
We were served a 3 Day Notice to Quit today, and we're wondering if we pay the amount of rent past due, if we're going to be allowed to stay through the end of June (assuming we pay each month on time).

As long as you pay the rent in full (the amount demanded in the Eviction notice which sometimes includes late fees) within three days after you receive the notice, you can stop the eviction from going forward. However, once the three days has passed, the landlord may reject your payment and proceed with the eviction.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Ah - that makes sense... Definitely - 5 Stars! :)

Thank you, You're welcome, and again, good luck to you!