Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have a tenant owned me$21,000 back rent. Where should I…

I have a tenant owned...
I have a tenant owned me$21,000 back rent. Where should I start to look for an attorney to file the lawsuit for me? Thank you
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Thank you, ***** ***** a lot of attorney information. I am thinking pay around $2000 attorney’s fee to file the lawsuit and $2000 attorney’s fee if we go to trial. Do you think this is realistic thinking? Should I rate expert now and ask this question as a new question? Please advise thank you

There is no set fee. You should feel free to call around and negotiate the best deal you can. $2000/$2000 may work. It just depends on the attorney.

You may also want to look into a contingency fee. That way you would not have to pay anything upfront.

Loren, Lawyer