Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Being evicted because I called codes because of mold, rats…

Customer Question
Being evicted because I...

Being evicted because I called codes because of mold, rats and cockroaches

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

Tn can not find anyone to help us

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Lease expired back in July but it was carried over as month to month

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am allergic to all molds and crock roaches they were made aware of this, I have 79 sores that now have turned into MRSA and I have Hives. The house is un Healthly can not find anywhere to move becasue my score is not high enough and my brother and I both live on disability and they say that is not enough income

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
3/6/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the premises was not habitable and the landlord did not cure those maintenance issues, you could sue the employer for breach of lease and seek money damages from the employer for the cost of your moving and any damage to your property AND your medical expenses AND pain and suffering for your medical issues their failure to fix the home and exterminate properly caused.

So, at this point, you need to get yourself a local attorney to file suit against the landlord, because you would be entitled to a significant amount of damage if their failure to maintain the property caused you all these medical issues and also the cost of the move.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.