Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My building was just recently purchased in Feb and the new…

Hi my building was...

Hi my building was just recently purchased in Feb and the new owners have now turned the water off twice for repairs without any warning and also had a ladder outside of my bathroom window which happens to be placed in my shower. Also they wanted 700 as a security deposit and said they would remodel our kitchen once they received it and we will be without a kitchen for a few days not by our choice and the landlord doesnt seem to want to compensate me for the trouble they are causing

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Louisville Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Just the usual one year lease they took the lease and said they would give us a copy. which we still don't have. There is nothing in my apartment that needs fixing they just want to remodel

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of. This is my first apartment and i just feel like im being taken advantage of

3/6/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Owner is violating your rights and you are entitled to better treatment and compensation for violation of your right to quiet enjoyment.

What would be the best way to go about dealing with this guy then? When asked about the compensation he merely said we will see and wont give me a date for the remodel.
A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thank you!

wonderful. Kindly click on a 5 star rating on your page

Infolawyer, Attorney