Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Idont know what kind of lawyer do i need. California los…

Customer Question
Idont know what kind...

Idont know what kind of lawyer do i need

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California los angeles

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Well it was an eviction case. but is on appeal, but my landlord did not follow the procedure to move out, and i try to know how to get my things back. My lawyer on the other case can't take this thing about the moving out, they did not wrote to me, i tried to contact since the same day, today it has been a week, they aren't telling me where my things are...nothing i have call to many places and it seems people arent familiar with their rights even with the landlord moving your things properly

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well I have a disability and these people aare doing these out of retaliation, i had the movers for yesterday , i let them know, and they sent me to 25 miles away and is an empty lot and i guess they will send my things and pretend that i will pick up that on the streets...of course it would be damages bevcause i had computers. NAS a lot of things, i don't know anyone in the city and i am sick, and have 2 disabilities. the eviction could happen because we had a hearing in january 11, and i received the notice on the 15th , and my lawyer as well

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
2/7/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you

with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

So, if I understand your situation correctly, they moved your stuff to somewhere else without your approval, is that correct? Was this a part of the eviction?

Sure. For know i know that i could take the landlord to small claims, or limited civil...i am following this guide that my lawyer gave me, but these people know about my disability, i offer to get my things out yesterday with movers and cleaners, they have never did that to another tenant, the handy man told me , so they are just retaliating, and because they think i am a foreigner they thing i don't have rights. They never gabve me receipts...and to get a response i had to go to the police station and text the manager from there,and that is the only way she answers, and then changes things well,https://www.marincounty.org/~/media/files/departments/da/consumer-guides/lt4.pdf https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/handling-tenants-abandoned-property-california.htmlso i gave them notice the 30/1/2018 about not abandoning my things, the reservation i had since the 27 for feb 5th, so i could make sure everything was handle properly, because i had many equipments a and legal docuemnts, and from my work....
No , there was not lien on my stuff, they are supposed to follow a procedure. And I even was making it nice for them. They did not notified me, they did not make inventory , every day I contacted and asked if they agreed to the date , and never an answer. Even the sheriff has to tell the manager i had the right to come in the time stipulated, even consumes affairs call them because the manager think they don’t have to fiollow anything . I gave notice of no abandonment and even the reservation to pick up my stuff. At the police when asked again they answer ok, but on Saturday the manager send me to an address without phone it is an empty lot. To say on Monday I will receive my things there. They are supposed to let me know where my things are if they are safe. They are sending me 1hout away and with my illness I can barely drive i. I want to recover my things and i need to know if I have to hire a lawyer if I should accept that, all the damages and days I can’t eork and the fact that the emotional distress is too much . They know I have a disability and is like doing on purpose to worsen my situation my pressure and anxiety is too much and that worsens my lung condition

Hi, unfortunately, I am having to sign off for the night unexpectedly. Let me opt out and let another expert take over:-)