Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I live in Tennessee the house I rent is being put up for…

I live in Tennessee...

I live in Tennessee the house I rent is being put up for sale and my question is can I not allow the realtor to take pictures of the inside of the house while I am a resident

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

It is Benton County Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

I do not have a lease and the maintenance and upkeep are adequate

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's about it thank you

1/23/2018
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, if you refused that would be a violation. You have a duty to cooperate with the owner in selling the house. Now note that you don't have any obligation to keep it clean (or even leave when there are any realtors or potential buyers). But you can't prevent someone from viewing the house or taking pictures to assist in showing and selling the house.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

No, you answered my question completely, thank you

My pleasure. If there's nothing else, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Can you see on your screen where you need to rate it? Note that you may need to press a "submit" button after clicking on the appropriate star rating. This is what I'm waiting on from you. Thanks!

ScottyMacEsq, Attorney