Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I want to know if I have a legal case. I hired a property…

I want to know...

I want to know if I have a legal case. I hired a property management company to handle my property. I gave them notice in Nov. that I wanted to terminate the agreement. The tenants lease ends on Jan 31. They failed to give her notice when i told them I wanted to end the lease. Do I have a lawsuit against the property management company?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

2.
giving written notice to the other at least 30 days prior to the expiration date of the Initial Term.
This notice shall contain a definitive move-out date after which the Tenant must have completely
vacated the property. In the event such written notice is not given or if the Tenant holds over
beyond the Initial Term, the tenancy shall automatically become a month-to-month tenancy upon
the same terms and conditions contained herein and may thereafter be terminated by either
Landlord or Tenant giving the other 30 days written notice prior to the last day of the then
current period of the tenancy.
Early Termination: Tenant may terminate

1/23/2018
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: You do have a claim. However, the difficulty would be proving your damages. How are you monetarily harmed by their failure to provide proper notice to the tenant? If you have a quantifiable monetary harm from their mistake, then you could bring a claim against them for breach of contract and claim those monetary damages as your harm. If there is no monetary harm, then even if you win it would be a Pyrrhic victory, since you would not be able to recover anything from them for their mistake.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-royhadavi/ Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi