Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I am having issues with an old roommate moving out and

I am having issues...

I am having issues with an old roommate moving out and breaking our agreement and lease what do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No we were trying to work things out but now she is saying she cannot pay

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a written letter we both signed on the date she moved out and her father is telling the leasing office I am not allowing her to move her stuff out which isn’t true it’s already out of the house

1/19/2018
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. What is the issue then if her stuff is out and she has vacated? Is she lying to her father?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
her father is lying and I haven’t taken her off the lease because financially we were approved wth our 2 incomes so I have to get a 2nd job in order to do so but they are lying and trying to say things that aren’t true to pressure me into doing it so I cannot take her to court

Thank you for the reply. This is between you and her. Unless her father is on the lease or part of the agreement, you have no obligation to respond or deal with him. If she has removed her items, you can advise him of the same and take photos and go so far as tell her to speak with her father. If she has been released, you can ask for a letter from the management, advising of the same also.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She hasn’t been released because I haven’t started my second job and I need to have the pay stubs to prove my income for the new job including my current job to take over the lease myself

So what is your issue with your old roommate?

LandlordTenantAnswer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She won’t speak to me and keeps lying and saying she the leasing office has spoken to her and they told me they haven’t. Also she is threatening to turn off utilities to my house and send people there that she says can come in per her request on her behalf
Phone call session started

Thank you

LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney