Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Can a residential tenant breach or abandon a lease agreement…

Can a residential tenant breach...
Can a residential tenant breach or abandon a lease agreement where the landlord fails to provide adequate lighting or adequate safety measures after reports of violence and sexual assault?
1/17/2018
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Yes, they could hold the landlord in breach. The landlord has an obligation to provide a safe premises to a tenant. If they are aware of a known danger or problem and can correct this but fail to do so or unwilling to do so, the tenant could hold them in breach and vacate, after placing them on notice.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney