How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a US citizen, my wife is Mexican and a permanent

Customer Question

I'm a US citizen, my wife is Mexican and a permanent resident of the US. We live in Texas and my wife owns a beach condo in Mexico. We are renting the condo in Mexico for two months to a Canadian couple. We did a short term vacation rental contract. I was wondering what are our personal liabilities or risk of getting sue if something happens to the tenants while in the premises. I'm confused since we live in the US, they are from Canada and the property is in Mexico under my wife's name.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 10 months ago.

The law of the country where the property is located would control - so you may want to pose this question to a Mexican attorney. I'll contact customer service to have them redirect the question.