Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

We gave a tenant a 30 day eviction notice, but found out it…

Customer Question
We gave a tenant...

We gave a tenant a 30 day eviction notice, but found out it was supposed to be 60 days. Can we amend it and wait 60 days, or do we have to start all over with new notice

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They haven't paid rent and owe $1,000 in utilities

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
1/14/2018
Lawyer: Lori, FL attorney replied 7 months ago
Lori
Lori, FL attorney
Hello. Let me try to assist you. Yes, for leases longer than a year - 60 days is required. How far along are you in the process? I would immediately send out the 60 day notice on Monday to get the clock ticking. Unfortunately you can't amend the prior notice to add on additional time.
Any follow up questions, please reply.
Please remember to accept my response and post a positive rating.