Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Tenant rights! was asked to leave, landlord was mad said I

Customer Question

tenant rights! was asked to leave, landlord was mad said I did not pay rent I p[ayed cash. left that same day became homeless, I'm on disability, I ended getting a nervouse brake down. she kept all my worldly possetions. I want to sue her . this happened in june 2014 three yrs 1/2 passed and I still need to sue her. I can think now and feel better. my statiue of limittations has passed, but I had, have no help with my paper work , money . because I'm disabled and I'm full blown schitophrena, when I get mad I get a nervouse break down I had to go to the mental hospital. I'm now ready to face this. Can I still sue her cause I'm disabled and have anxity, and procrastinate part of my disabiltity.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: yes, California
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Yes, the landlord was /is my fieance ex wife!!? The terms was ex was having problems with oldest son 22 yrs at the time. she despertly needed hjs help with their son. as it was ( two sons lived in same house and horribly did not get along) destroying house getting drunk cussing out mom. well we left our spot in santa cruz, ca to help with severe family problem. we all got along, family we payed her cash every month six months down the road. finally son was kicked out. he cried didn't have know where to go ( she spoiled. drinlks parties with boys and would even secretly have relations with boyas friends if not found out. well son was kicked out. my fience did his job put the house back together cause it was destroyed. well she felt sorry for the son kicked out and started sneeking back into the house with out my fieance knowing the tough love the purpose was defeated. she felt stupid let the son back in she was mad took it out on us told us to get the FFF out she said we did not pay rent that month.. she was just lying tring to make excuse. it was very ugly police came. son had tantrum busted my car window ugly. I got sick I went back to the hjouse next day she tool; the mailbox off the wall to the front. we left she kept everything. we had know place to go, no money we just payed her. I want to sue her for personal I got sick again and couldn't function think or even proceed land lord court. I like forgot what happened . I did write down events took place. I need to make tis right. we has our own room, I cleaned cooked as far as I know I was a ffff stupid maid.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not for now, thank you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I am not clear as to why you want to sue your former Landlord and why you think that the Statute of Limitations for your lawsuit has passed.

Kindly be more specific as to your cause of action-- what you want to sue the Landlord for.

Thank you for your cooperation.