Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Is stent intile. I own a house in Bronx, NY, I have a tenant…

Customer Question
Is stent intile Lawyer's...

Is stent intile

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

HI! I own a house in Bronx, NY, I have a tenant that own me 9 months of rent. I send him to court and he was supposed to moved out in December, but he keep asking for an extension. He is very disrespectful, he smokes pot in the smell goes down my apartment. What else should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes, his lease expired in October 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is now suing me for $25,000, because him claimed that I didn’t tell him that I leave with a sex offender and he have a 10 year old daughter. He just file this papers in January 1 and my fiancé bought the house from me December 2017. Does he have any ground?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 2 days by:
1/15/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Questions:

I! I own a house in Bronx, NY, I have a tenant that own me 9 months of rent. I send him to court and he was supposed to moved out in December, but he keep asking for an extension. He is very disrespectful, he smokes pot in the smell goes down my apartment. What else should I do?

Response 1: You need to file Motion with the Court and ask that the eviction Judgment be enforced and more extensions granted because the Tenant is abusing the system and damaging the property the longer he is allowed to stay in the Unit.

Response 2: No, he does not. You do not have any duty to inform him. There is currently no law that requires the Landlord to inform the Tenants about the presence of a sex offender at the apartment complex. A Bill was filed to require this disclosure, but the Bill did not get anywhere. The sex offender is only required to comply with the registration requirements.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law