Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Our landlord is refusing anything but cash in hand for rent…

Customer Question
Our landlord is refusing...

Our landlord is refusing anything but cash in hand for rent and adding late fees everyday. We are out of town on vacation and offered 4 differernt types of payment including over night check, money order, western union, paypal. Is this legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Portland or

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Yes constant construction and trash on the property he also only give a 15 min warning if he needs to come into our place the lease says cash in hand but he is refusing to be flexible and is adding late fees everyday

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The trash he left out cut our dogs foot and punctured our tire, he has loud construction during all hours right over our house we have documentation of all of this and have never payed rent late

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
1/12/2018
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 7 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you have a lease? If so, does it say cash only for rental payment? How have you paid in the past and did you address this issue with him and being out of town?