Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have a complicated situation. I have been renting at my…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a complicated situation. I have been renting at my place for 2 years and recently had to go home for a couple monthsbecause my mum has been sick so I have had a friend come in a house sit and look after my dogs. My landlord found out we had a friend staying and wanted to evict us and she said we were subletting even though we were still paying our rent, had our furniture and dogs here. We came to an arrangement and now Im back things are back to go back to the way they are. But my landlord is harassing me about the situation still and threatening me still with eviciton and ruining my credit. I think she wants us to move out and is bullying and intimidating us. She expects us to pay higher rent now without giving us notice of a rent increase either. She is coming over today and Im nervous to have her here..all she does is yell and scream at me when we speak.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Los Angeles, California

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

We are now in a month to month. The place is old and not in the best shape.leaking taps, toilet system is a bit broken, no insalation so its either freezing or too hot. We have a lead hazard inspection happening next week with the rental housing commision, she wants to come today to do a pre inspection before that. She has done repairs on the place without any written notice.. one time we got up to the back wall on the kitchen being removed and she didnt even let us know it was happening.. our dog got out that day.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Her and her mother come on property without notice often.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 3 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Can you please clarify for me what your question is?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer