Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Living in an apartment building who now has its water shut…

Customer Question
Living in an apartment building...
Living in an apartment building who now has its water shut off due to cold temperatures from three days before. Water was shut off on Saturday at 8pm due to pipes freezing after the power outage. Power was off and on till Saturday 3am then came back at 6pm. It went back off around 9pm till 11pm. These outages cause pipes to freeze ultimately leading the the pipes bursting on the first floor and causing a 2 day water outage for all remaining apartments.Currently we are waiting for plumbers to come to complete the repair but are still without power. We have one email from the office and no updates.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
im actually looking for the legal definition for "reasonable" when it comes to repair time.
appears to be placed under HVAC rather than lawyer
1/9/2018
Lawyer: alumalite,
 replied 6 months ago
alumalite

Hello, what a mess that must be for you. No water and no heat in freezing weather. About your only option would be to move to hotel in your price range, then talk to an attorney about deducting the costs from your next months rent.

.

If there is anything else that you think I might be able to help you with. tell me, we can go from there.

.

I am going to send your question to our attorneys.

thank you phil!
anyone available to answer tenants rights questions in MD?
also electricity was restored at 6PM on Saturday. Water was turned off 8pm on Saturday. Still no water.