Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

Law Educator, Esq I hope you haven't logged off for the

Customer Question
good evening Law Educator, Esq...
good evening Law Educator, Esq I hope you haven't logged off for the night, because I just have a few questions before pretrial tomorrow. 1. When they state lacks foundation, what does that mean? Do I simply state that it's part of the foundation in which I plan to build on, or what, I don't know what that means at all. 2. If a company was subpoenaed for duces tecum prior to the close of discovery, but didn't receive the information until after the close of discovery, it that information still allowed? example 1 of their request for duces tecum was sent on July 27, 2017, but they didn't schedule for that information to be sent until Aug 28, 2017; however, the close of discovery was Aug 16, 2017, is that information allowed or what they had to have scheduled the deposition before the Aug 16th deadline? Another question is, they subpoenaed my state farm records, which included emails between me and the agent, which we already talked about as being utterance hearsay, but I noticed the some of the dates on the email, surpass the close of discovery, are they still allowed to use the emails past the close of discovery? I am not worried about the content of the emails, because I don't think they can hurt my case, but if I can avoid the whole issue, of course I would rather do that. Any help with questions would be appreciated of course.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
1/9/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

No but I will be offline in 5 minutes as I have a dinner appointment and must leave.

1) lacks foundation means you have no grounds set forth to show why it is relevant. So you need to argue why you have evidence and grounds to support that claim and evidence.

2) If a company was subpoenaed before close of discovery, then the information is allowed, even if it was received after close of discovery.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you, ***** ***** dinner

Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney