Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My landlord is trying to get me make me move out of the

Customer Question
My landlord is trying...

My landlord is trying to get me make me move out of the rental house I am living in after I have put 2700.00 into the house on repairs that are actually his legal responsiblity

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

He has an atty that sent me a letter stating he wants to terminate tendacy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My ex husband and I had rented the home in Aug of 2015 our lease was up on July 31, 2017 landlord knew of the circumstances and let me stay but was only concerned with the rent not the living conditions and never said anything about helping me at all.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Has the landlord given a reason for the termination? How much notice was given?

Was there any agreement that you would be repaid for the repairs?