Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I live in texas and i am a hairdresser. I rent a room at a…

Customer Question
I live in texas...

I live in texas and i am a hairdresser. I rent a room at a large salon. No lease was ever sign

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No lease ever signed. We rent spaces weekly.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This concerns booth rental cosmetologist. I have been told to leave without sufficient cause. In fact, my landlord of the salon went as far as telling me that i asked her to leave at one time. (Out of left field, she is talking about something that happened 25 years ago wben i was her employer)

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
1/8/2018
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Loren, Lawyer
If you have no written lease agreement or employment agreement, they do not need cause to terminate.
Do you have any reason to suspect that you are being discriminated against an account of your race, religion, ethnicity, Etc?
Not discrimated as far as race, religion,etc. But I feel she may try to use this as a way of hurting my reputation and possibly use as opportunity to not tell my clients where I have gone in order to steal clients.
Can't you contact your clients on your own to let them know where they can find you?