Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I live in Warsaw In. I signed a lease for month to month…

Customer Question
I live in Warsaw...

I live in Warsaw In. I signed a lease for month to month rental. I haven't received the rental agreement yet nor have I paid for first month yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

I live in Warsaw, IN.I signed a lease for month to month rental. I haven't paid first month yet. I would like to get out of the lease and move into a better place because this place is always cold and the gas to heat it up inside cost me to much.Also I want to move to a better place. What can I do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

IN.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I get out of the lease agreement although he didn't give enough time for me to read the entirety of the lease?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
1/7/2018
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Normally the lease provides that it is not effective until all sides signed and deposit paid. Here if that has not happened notify the landlord ASAP. Landlord has no loss and can rent to someone else.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.