Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

When trying to qualify to lease a building. is it legal to…

Customer Question
When trying to qualify...

When trying to qualify to lease a building. is it legal to prove your financial obilgation. example on realtor ask me to put 100k or more in escrow with a title company and allow them to pay your contractors. other ask to see my bank statements

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No lease has even transpired yet. but each building has copper missing for electricity and air conditioners. sprinkler system needed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes the owner dont want to repair anything, but they are really trying to make sure you make these costly repairs.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
1/6/2018
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Can you tell me the State that your question pertains to?

You are not required to make any repairs that is the job of the landlord. If you agree to make repairs you would want that clearly stated in the lease and the charges offset against your rent. If you could explain the situation a little more I can provide the law for the state where the building is located.

Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 2 months ago
You would not need to agree to the terms of the contract if they are unacceptable to you.