Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I live in an apartment inside the District. The front desk…

Customer Question
I live in an...

I live in an apartment inside the District. The front desk staff has misplaced their set of keys to my apartment. I have tried for 1 year to get them replaced with a new lock system to my apartment. My landlord has been involved and to date nothing has been done. I traveled the last 2 weeks of December. I received email that my keys had been checked out on a Thursday and returned the following Monday. I am concerned about my safety and my belongings. My landlord has informed me of a rent increase, which I am not in favor of given the lack of security.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Washington DC. In the district. Condominium building

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Lori, FL attorney replied 7 months ago
Lori
Lori, FL attorney

Hello. I will try to assist you. If you have not done so, please immediately send a letter to the landlord that he is not providing adequate security for the premises and is putting your personal safety and property at risk due to the loss of keys to your unit and the failure to take immediate and adequate measures. Demand that the landlord take immediate action or you will take legal action against him for breach of the lease.

Hope that helps. Please remember to accept the response and post a positive rating.