Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

How much does the question I ask cost? I live in andalusia…

Customer Question
How much does the...

How much does the question I ask cost?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

I live in andalusia Alabama and I have a Tenant that has rented from me since Feb. 24th 2017. I sent her a Non-renewal of Lease form on Dec. 18th, 2017. She has always been argumentative about what she owes each month. She is a month behind on rent and I am tired of her argumentative and bullying behavior every time I have to collect rent. She did pay $100.00 this month and still owes rent and water for this month. Now rent is due today and she has not attempted to pay. Since I have sent a Non-renewal of Lease on Dec. 18th and stating that she is to be moved out by Jan. 31st,2018. Can I give a notice to pay or quit since she is behind on the rent even though I did give the Non-renewal form.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And how long has this been going on?

Alabama And she has been behind on rent since Oct. Although she did pay Oct and Nov rent. She paid Oct in Nov. And Nov in Dec. And paid Dec. $100.00 only and Jan rent is due todayy

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 6 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer
You can. The fact that you are ending the tenancy and not renewing the lease does not mean she can remain and rent for free and not have to pay what it owes. You can send her a demand and if she fails to pay proceed and evict and she will have this on her record if she does not pay or vacate. Even if she vacates the money is still owed and you can sue for it.
Thank you and please let me know if there is anything else. If not I kindly just ask that you rate my help at the top at this time just so the site will provide me with the proper credit for my time and help.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!