Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I am a tenant. i got evict by the landlord for no reasonable…

Customer Question
I am a tenant...

I am a tenant. i got evict by the landlord for no reasonable cause. she given me 3 days to move out. what can i do.?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Toronto ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

There is no term no lease whatsoever

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Right now i have no where to go especialy in middle of winter cold

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/30/2017
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Is there a lease? Any rent owing?
no lease. not owing anything
im waiting
Landlord cannot evict in this manner. As a month to month tenant would need to get minimum 30 day notice before taken to court. Here the notice is short and defective.if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.