Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have two questions: 1. Is a verbal lease agreement between…

Hi! I have two questions: 1...
Hi! I have two questions:
1. Is a verbal lease agreement between a tenant and a landlord binding?
2. If that verbal lease agreement is then put into a written contract can the start date be back dated to when the
verbal agreement was made was initiated?
12/27/2017
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Without anything in writing, there would be a month to month tenancy. If the parties want to reduce and materialize it to writing, they can and backdate it to reflect the start and end date and terms and conditions.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LandlordTenantAnswer