Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Want to sue my landlord. I want to sue my landlord.

Customer Question
Want to sue my...

Want to sue my landlord

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

I want to sue my landlord

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Yes constantly cold,, my pet die from pnuemonia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Charge me excessive rent in a rent stabilize building

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/27/2017
Lawyer: Michael Gonzalez,
 replied 6 months ago
Michael Gonzalez
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.Almost every state requires that a residence have adequate heat in order to be habitable. Many of them also have specific steps described regarding giving your landlord written notice, demanding repair of habitability issues, after which you can terminate the tenancy if they are not corrected.In rent stabilized apartments, the rent can only be increased by a certain percentage each year, so if the tenant has been there for 30 years, they may be paying far below market rent for the unit. Protected tenants are similar in that you can only increase the rent by a certain percentage each year.
Lawyer: Michael Gonzalez,
 replied 6 months ago

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.Rating me costs you nothing. Thank you.