Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My apartment got raided january 11,2017, my now ex boyfriend…

Customer Question
My apartment got raided...

My apartment got raided january 11,2017, my now ex boyfriend had a book bag with drugs and a gun, he was sentenced and went to jail october of 2017. after all these month my landlord had some guy just buzz my bell and give me a letter signed by the landlord on december 20th. stating the charges my ex got and stating i allowed such activities, also that i violated my lease, and is asking I vacate my apartment december 28 with my 23 & 2 yr old sons, I work very hard, and once i came home my ex boyfriend would go out to so call hang out, i did not see any activities while i was home. i did not know about what my boyfriend was doing,

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Brooklyn nyc

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Meaning?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
when i got raided everything was in a black school book bag. i respect his things just like he respect my things. so i was not aware of him having that in his book bag until the day i got raided. i didn't get arrest and my 2yr old son was not taken away and i assume its because the cops saw i wasn't aware of what was going on. the landlord has been trying to offer me money for 3yrs after he brought this building so he can rent for more, me being hispanic doesn't help. i feel discriminated..what is my next step or what can happen?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
praying that someone (LAWYER) will look at my case and give me advise, i haven't been eating, feeling well, depression is hitting me hard, so worry to be homeless with both my sons, ages 23 specially my baby age 2 :(
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 2 days by:
12/27/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You should not move out. The Landlord must then start a holdover case and serve you with the Summons and a copy of the complaint so that you can file an answer and tell the Court why you must not be evicted: you did not allow illegal activities in your unit; you did not know what your ex-boyfriend was up to, your two-year old son lives with you and he was not removed because the authorities do not think that you were involved. Otherwise, the child would have been removed. Click here for answer forms and instructions.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

but how can i prove i didn't know? and i still haven't gotten a court summons, sure it will come soon, since he gave me until december 28th to vacate the apartment, what is the link you gave for?

Kindly review the links that I provided before asking any further questions.

I spent time getting the links.

Thank you for your cooperation.