Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I live in an apartment in the 92111 area. People are living…

Customer Question
I live in an...

I live in an apartment in the 92111 area. People are living in the garage of one of the section 8 families. I am not at ease with this because it just isn't fair plus there are people that visit them and they all feel they have a right to be here. what can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Sorry ... san diego ca

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I spoke to the owner. He has ask the family several time to remove all of the things from behind the building. they do but three weeks later its back again. I have personally spoke to the 2 people and informed them that what they are doing is not fair because people come over to fight the male person because he is an ex con and bullies some people. His mom is a very sweet women but she and her care giver daughter will not let him live in the apt. because things come up missing but the fact is what if each person that rent a garage would let a thief move in. I am slow I have tremors so please for give me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just do not know what to do and right now I can not afford to move

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/23/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

The only way for your concerns to be taken very seriously by the Landlord is to contact the City's Code Enforcement/Sanitary Code Department to report the illegal living arrangement and cite the Landlord for the violation. The Landlord would be forced to enforce the terms of the agreement with the Tenant or Tenant would be evicted for noncompliance.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law