Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have not had a signed lease for my apartment (Nevada) for…

Customer Question
I have not had...

I have not had a signed lease for my apartment (Nevada) for 3 years, as it expired in 2015 and there was never another one presented to me to sign. DO I need to provide notice to vacate?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

NEVADA

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

I have NO LEASE

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

IT EXPIREDin 2015

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 5 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Once your lease ended, you became a month to month tenant. A month to month tenant is supposed to give or be given a 30 day notice of vacating the premises. The landlord needs to give you a 30 day notice and you need to give 30 day notice that you are vacating.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Even if there was no signed month to month agreement

Thank you for your reply.

There does not need to be a signed lease agreement, you became a month to month tenant by statute as soon as your written lease expired.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney