Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I got to leave USA in the enxt week due to my visa

Customer Question
I got to leave...

I got to leave USA in the enxt week due to my visa rejection, apt management asking me for 2minths notice and 2months additional pay so total of 4months pay

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

Denver CO state

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No can i reuest for reduce this? its 1600 permonth so got to pay 6400 USD

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What do u suggest?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, if you are leaving the country very soon, why would you want to bother about paying the penalty in the first place? The apartment complex cannot come after you when you are outside the country. My suggestion is to ignore the request and move out when you are intending to move out and be sure to hand over your apartment keys to the management and get written acknowledgement that you have handed over the keys to the apartment.

You can request for a reduction. However, it is unlikely that a greedy management would accept it. More importantly, I am not sure why you want to pay any fee in the first place when you are leaving the country.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.