Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

A landlord has an elder abuse order against a tenant his…

Customer Question
A landlord has an elder...
A landlord has an elder abuse order against a tenant his ex-wife who has a divorce order years back that gives her the right to live in an apartment just below the landlord until he fixes up another piece of property. The landlord needs to have her move out, but the judge does not know if he can have her moved out.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

CAN THE JUDGE HAVE HER MOVED OUT BECAUSE OF THE FACTS I HAVE GIVEN YOU? DO YO HAVE ANY CASE LAW THAT STATES THE JUDGE HAS THE POWER TO MOVER OUT FROM THE LEGAL PREMISES THAT THE LANDLORD OWNS?

Is the tenant not paying the rent or otherwise violating the terms of the lease?

NO THANKS

Oh, that’s not a problem with the phone call. The system automatically asks if you want one, but there is no problem declining the request. One moment while I review your situation.

WHAT IS THE ANSWER? PLEASE CITE A STATUTE OR CASE LAW.

hi, I would love to answer, but after reading your situation about three times, I'm not certain that I understand your situation well enough and I am not certain that I could provide you case law for something that even a CA judge is having trouble figuring out. This means that it would take several hours worth of my time which is beyond the scope of what we do here. With that said, I'll opt out and this will give another expert an opportunity to chime in if they understand your facts better. Thanks again.

Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Phone call session started

Hi :) This is Olivia. I'm the expert you spoke with on the phone. I'm going to leave this question open, so if you have additional questions in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. You can also reach me directly by clicking here.

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer