Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I'm trying to find an answer to how to deal with my

Customer Question
I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find an answer to how to deal with my landlord

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No, I told the property manager that I will revisit this issue by the new year before the spring because the issue is related to the AC unit

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Downtown st paul, mn

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I rent a retail space on 5 year lease. been here for 3 years. last summer the AC unit went off and I was told by a professional that it mus be replaced. It's a downtown location in a very old building and looking at initial cost of $15000.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/20/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Is there a written lease? Does the lease address repair and replacement of HVAC equipment?