Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I moved out of my apt 11/27, and on 11/28 did walk through…

Customer Question
I moved out of...

I moved out of my apt 11/27, and on 11/28 did walk through with my landlord which she said all was ok, and would get my refund and a copy of the walk through. but yesterday I received a typed letter stating deductions for Depreciation of Kitchen FLOOR OF $164.80 (15% OF COT TO REPPLACE AT $1,098.68) This is not right, I kept this place immaculant and had to clean the floors and paint inside cabnets to get mold out. I liked the unit and I made the sacrifice as well as paid a person to clean standup washer and drying and when they moved the the washer tore a whole in the lynolium , whcih she asl deducted a $121.11 repair for that. but this depreciation I feel should be refunded to me. can you help me with with how to write a letter to request this deduction back. one more question my deposit was returned minus these deducitons, and I live on a fixed income and can I cash check and still dispute or do I have to hold check? this is so taxing and its not just the money but the principle that I left this place in more then satisfactory conditon. I bought new blinds, as a previous homeowner, i have always added value because of how I kept my home, inside and out. please can you help me. d

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Washington state

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
can you just email me i cant load app on my iphone forgot password
I never authorized a $42 fee only $5 I live on a fixed income I do not have this in my account. I thought this was free legl advice
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/20/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Was the balance of the deposit returned within 21 days of when your tenancy ended?