Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My mother is wanting to terminate a month to month rental.

Customer Question
My mother is wanting...

My mother is wanting to terminate a month to month rental

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is your mother in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your mother taken so far?

She wants to serve her this weekend when I am down at her house.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to serve the papers when I am down there as proof she was served.Can I serve the papers?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/20/2017
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 8 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Yes, the notice can be given to the tenant by you, if she wants to end the tenancy. If the tenant has been there for less than a year, a 30-day notice to vacate would need to be given and a 60-day notice, if more than a year. She can also post the notice and send it via certified mail as well, so there is evidence it was received and they were placed on notice.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 7 months ago

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!