Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I am a tenant I have pics and texts to the landlord to go…

Customer Question
Hi I am a...

Hi I am a tenant I have pics and texts to the landlord to go and fix the sewer in the basement. It back up into the basement and my family had to evacuate the house. I don’t feel safe in the house can I break my lease

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Sask

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

One year lease

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The hole house had very serious gasses in it the kids had serious headache ect

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Landlord has a duty to provide habitable premises and had failed to do so. You have records of putting landlord on notice and being ignored. You may end the tenancy on this basis on written notice. You can also take landlord to court to obtain the necessary compliance and rent adjustment.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Attorney